Before the Meeting:
We encourage that you follow us on our Facebook Page, Facebook Discussion Group (where you can also ask any questions and a volunteer will happily answer for you), or Instagram @bwi_sj so that you can follow along and know when our next meetings will be coming up. If you do not have a Facebook you may email us ahead of time and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Most of our meetings are locationed at libraries or other free community rooms. The address, date, and times will be posted on our Facebook Pages’ events calendars along with any other information. Strollers, toys to occupy children, necessary baby food, and any other essentials are all welcome at the meetings. We do ask that you please clean up after yourselves though before you leave as we are meeting at free locations. Thank you!
At the Start of the Meeting:
When you arrive we will ask that you please sign in on our electronic form. This is mainly just for us to keep track of how many people are attending our meetings. Also, if you are not yet a member of the library, and would like to join, you can sign up at this time!
Then you can find a seat and settle in while one of our VBE’s (Volunteer Babywearing Educator) or ABE (Advanced Babywearing Educator) introduce themselves, explain some babywearing safety tips and show the different carriers we have in our library.
During the Meeting:
The time is yours! Learn how to babywear, get free advice from our VBE’s and ABE, ask as many questions as you like, chat with others there, and try on the library’s carriers.
End of the Meeting:
Sign up for a membership if interested, and check out one of the library’s carriers! We try to end the meetings on time to be respectful of the donated space and our volunteers’ time. See you next month!
Some Additional Info:
- Please feel free to bring your own baby carrier(s) so that we can help you
- What if you don’t have any questions but just love babywearing?! Please come! Meet other babywearers, make friends, try our carriers in the library, or just hang out!
- Children of all ages are welcome. Don’t worry if you child is fussy, hungry, needs to nurse, eat, sleep, etc.
- You’re also welcome to attend meetings without your child, or if you are pregnant, adopting, babysitting, etc and don’t have a child yet. We have a weighted demo doll that you can practice with!
- Although our meetings are considered “formal education meetings” they are informal in the way that if you arrive late or need to leave early, you are still more then welcome to attend.